We’re not going to tell you the answer to that because we can’t. Only you know if you need one or not. Will you be getting help from others around you, your mother, bridesmaids, fiancé, friends or will you have to do it all by yourself. Can you do it by yourself? Do you want to plan your wedding by yourself? Only you know.
What Can a Wedding Coordinator Do For Me?
The list is long but here are a few of the duties you can expect:
- Help you to create the type of wedding you want. With that knowledge you’ll be able to pick your venue, vendors, colour scheme, theme, music, etc.
- Help you create a budget sheet and keep track of where your money is going and how much is still owing.
- Help keep you on your budget and not go over…too much!!
- Suggest vendors that fit your budget and ideas.
- Make a wedding planning schedule so that you know what you’ve done and what still needs to be done.
- In most cases a coordinator can save you money because of their connection in the industry.
- Take care of any emergencies that arise.
- Create a wedding day schedule.
Consultation only: This is like a mini wedding planning course, best taken at the beginning of your planning. The coordinator won’t be at your wedding but will teach you the skills to planning your own day. Some will charge by the hour, others by the meeting. You can book one meeting only or go back as many times as you like.
Planning Preparation: Along with consultation they will save you time by listening to your needs and booking appointments for you with vendors, that meet those needs.
- They contact these vendors and describe what you want, what your budget is, if they’re available on your date. This way the vendors already know about you when you walk in the door.
- They will help you put together a wedding binder, making it easier to keep track of things.
- They will make a floor plan for the vendors and a wedding day schedule.
Full Wedding Day Package: A coordinator can be hired for the wedding day alone. She will direct the events of the day and make sure everyone around you is doing their job. Should any emergencies happen she will take care of them. Although a coordinator is hired for one days work, in actual fact they have been working on your wedding, anywhere from 30-50 hours before the day actually get there, getting prepared. You should meet with the coordinator at least once if not twice to go over the details of your wedding. Any coordinator that says no meeting are needed isn’t a professional.